I am a Tenured Reseacher of the Spanish Reseach Council (CSIC) since 2012 after a Ramon y Cajal Fellowship (Spanish Excellence Recruitment program) contract. My research activity relates to the study of the electronic structure and the physico-chemical properties of pristine and thin layers grown under UHV conditions onto metal or semiconductor substrates surfaces (both flat and curved monocrystals). I have hand-on expertise in several Surface Science techniques, deserving Angle Resolved Photoemission (ARPES), low electron diffraction (LEED) and Scanning tunnelling microscopy (STM) a special mention.
Scientific quality indicators up to Feb 2018
- Total articles: 50 (excl. Proceeding)
- Articles in the top 10% journals: 23 (Science = 2, ACSnano = 3, PhysRev. Lett. = 8, Nat. Comm.= 2, ...).
- Artícles in the top 25%: 40
- Average Factor index per article: 6.62
- Articles with extra references: 2 Journal covers (PRL, Small), 4 Editor's Choice and 3 in National press.
- Total Citations: 975 (923 without self-cites).
- Average Citations in the last 6 years: 97 cites/year
- h-index: 15
- Research 6-year periods: 3, last granted (2011 to 2016).
- Supervised PhD Thesis: 2 in progress: (Ignacio Piquero Zulaica: started 1st Oct.2014; Leyre Hernández López: started on the 16th Feb. 2018).
- Final Mater thesis: 2 finalized (Carlos Casas and Leyre Hernández López in 2017) and 1 in Course (Alejandro Berdonces).
- Oral communications at International Conferences: 1 Plenary, 6 invited + 22 selected by abstract.
- Imparted Seminars: 22 (16 out of Spain)
- Synchrotron beamtime experiments as user: total 66 out of which 21 as Principal investigator. Synchrotron visited: 9 in Europe 2 in the USA and 1 in Japan.
- Project participation: total 23, out of which 4 as Principal investigator.
Researcher ID: D-3570-2009
ORCID Code: 0000-0003-2698-2543